Tuesday, April 12, 2011

The Sword of the Lord and Gideon

Tonight, my wife and I were invited to a meeting of the local Gideons.  It was very interesting. For one thing, we were the only people under the age of 60.

They were great people.  I recently heard one of them speak at our church, and was interested in the organization.

My dad was one of the biggest Bible enthusiasts I've ever known.  He love the Word, and, largely because of his influence, I do too.  The Gideons are volunteers that raise money and go out and place Bibles all over the place.  They speak at churches and give testimonies.  Everything they do is out of their own pockets.

Needless to say, I had already filled out an application to join, and tonight I turned in the application.  There were not many members in the local "camp."

It reminded me of the verse that says "The harvest is great; the workers are few.  Pray to the Lord of the harvest to send more workers." (Matthew 9:36-38)

I realize that this is not a very "spiritual" post today, but it seemed in keeping with the current trend of the Importance of the Bible.

God Bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment