Monday, April 18, 2011

Back in the saddle

Well, I decided to take my own advice and started my first day of a "fasting lifestyle."  My plan is to fast at least two meals every Monday.

I normally listen to audio books during the day.  I have decided that on my fasting days, I will only listen to my audio Bible and/or a Christian book, whether a teaching or Christian fiction.  I will listen to my Bible first.

Today I listened to the entire book of Ezekiel.  That's heavy stuff all at once.  Next time I think I'll mix it up a bit.  :)  I also listened to C.S. Lewis's book: The Four Loves. 

The thing that stood out the most to me today is simply this: I REALLY don't like to be hungry.  I haven't fasted food in a very long time, and today was the best proof I could have gotten to show me how much I needed to get back into it.

Anyway.  That's it for today.  After the fasting comes the feasting!

Talk to you tomorrow.
Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment