Saturday, April 9, 2011

"So. Do you get Words from God a lot?"

For a while now, since I've become more comfortable with the idea that I hear God, I've been waiting for some smart tail to give me a hard time about it.  Something like: "You mean you hear voices?" or "Okay, prove it. What's God saying RIGHT NOW?"  I've been expecting it, but it hasn't happened.

Then, recently, I was with a friend and he stopped all of the sudden and looks at me and asks, "So. Do you get Words from God a lot?"

I was immediately wary.  "Well, yes," thinking, where are you going with this? "I guess so.  It's fairly frequent."

"Okay.  What's God say about me?"

YIKES!  A TOTALLY sincere question!  I told him that it doesn't quite work that way.  I'm not just going to "know" what God thinks about any one person at any given time.  I'll have to ask and listen and then see.  This isn't like some psychic gimmick or magic trick, and I don't take it so lightly that I'll just spout out the first thing that comes to my head.  Even if I think that it's right.

So, we talked about that and I started asking God what He might want to say.  I got something right away, but it was the same thing that I had heard and said not too long ago, and I didn't want my friend to think I was just using canned phrases.  That message, or the feel of it, wouldn't leave me.  Then, while there was a moment where we were both busy, I saw an image of a computer screen and it had a status bar gradually filling up and the word "LOADING" in big letters across the screen.  I immediately knew that God was saying that the promise that my friend had been given was still valid and not to worry at the apparent lack of progress in that area: God says it's there; it's just still loading.

For those of you who have ever dealt with computer programs, you know that "LOADING" implies that the product is IN the machine; it's just taking its own time becoming available.

My friend was very familiar with the concept and was grateful for the word.  It turns out that that was EXACTLY what he had been wondering about and why he had asked the question.

It's like God knew!

Oh, and to those who might be like the ones I was Expecting. . . please.  ask.  I might not hear anything, but then again I might.  It'd be fun.  :)

Blessings!  Listen for God.  You might be pleasantly surprised.

;)

2 comments:

  1. Interesting concept - the LOADING message. Course me being me, the next thing I see is the "Run message error" LOLOLOL :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment is kinda tied to your previous post about forsaking the fellowship. In my life I do occasionally get a "word" from God, usually only concerning me and my life but on rare occasion concerning others. However, I have found that I "hear" God best when surrounded by Christians of depth who I trust and who I know understands that God does speak through me on occasion and encourages me to participate. Knowing that my words are given weight and consideration makes me much more inclined to share them. I try to be careful what I say as a Christian representative of God (like we all are) but I am SUPER careful when I think God may be speaking through me and I flow so much more freely when I know that "gift" is accepted and respected. (This is only concerning Christian fellowship and does not apply when dealing with the world btw).

    that I realize is my problem, not anyone else's. I become so easy overwhelmed by the outward attitudes and actions of others that I allow my emotions to "shut down" anything that I might contribute to the experience. that of course is something I have to find my own way through. If you are never "allowed" or "trusted" to let God speak through you then you get to the point where you don't want to anymore. It isn't about one person or a select group of people "leading" and everyone else following, but about each person leading where God has showed them the path and thus everyone given a vision of all the different paths that are leading to the same place I think. And yeah, I have issues, but God spoke through a Donkey in the Bible and through a demon possessed athiest in my personal life, so why is it so hard for people to accept that God can and does speak through me, even in the middle of my "messes". Just saying.

    ReplyDelete