Saturday, October 12, 2013

Loading Error. . .

So I've been sitting in front of my computer for a couple of days now, trying to think of something to write.
I've got a new story idea, but I'm still in the pre-writing stages of that one, so no good there.
I'm just sitting here.
Trying to think of something inspired. Something clever. SOMEthing.

And suddenly it comes to me: How often have I been given a WORD for someone, just a small thing--a phrase or so, and when I start to tell it, it becomes FAR more than I realised it was.

So often I've waited in writing until I felt like I had the "whole picture" when my entire experience in ministry has been, "Just do it and let the rest happen."

How often have I heard and said that prophesy is only a word in PART? How many times have I had to step out in faith with little to nothing to go on, and watched as God did something amazing? How often, and yet, here I am, believing that I am SUPPOSED to write--called to do it, yet I forget everything I learned about following God.

This isn't just for me either. I don't know who you are; I know a couple of people who regularly read this blog, but my hope is that the things I've written in all sincerity will reach out past my realm of influence and long after I'm gone. So, whoever you are, listen:

Take a chance. Even if all you have is the barest sliver of a hope that God wants to use you in something, step out on that sliver. And then keep stepping in ALL areas of your life. Don't let the world or the devil cheat you by limiting where God can fill in the gaps for you.

"Trust in the LORD with all your heart, lean not on your own understanding. In ALL of your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your path straight."

4 comments:

  1. Very. very good advice! I am a regular reader and I gain so much from what you write!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! Just remembering a night at James and Renee's when you they needed to know something and in the silence you said.... I know there is something someone is supposed to say here but it's not me. hahahahahahahahaha :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, and I remember what you said right after that! LOL, because it was you that was supposed to say something. . . something about trusting, I think. :D

      Delete
    2. Nope, it wasn't about trust but about letting the man be the head of the family - which was even funnier that God should lead ME to say that at that time hahahahahaha

      Delete