Sunday, August 21, 2011

Time Keeps on Ticking

Well, Smiley Boy is 5 and counting and SAM-BO is 3, and they are BOTH going to their first days of school tomorrow.

Kindergarten.

I have very fond memories of Kindergarten, but school has changed a lot since then.  They actually TEACH stuff now.  I don't think that I got grades or anything like them.  It was more like: "He participated well." or "He didn't eat glue today."

But now it's different.  Now my premie boy is going to school and learning to read and count and . . . .

And my 3-year-old, who is proud of showing everyone his muscles, is going to school too.

I thought that I would be more excited about this, but now that Smiley Boy is in his bed, too excited to sleep, I feel kind of numb.  I'm really not sure why.  I'm glad they are growing up and glad that they have the opportunity to go to a Christian school, but. . . I just don't know.

One thing that I have learned about having kids is that as prepared for each "phase" or stage in their lives as you think you are, it will probably not happen the way you think.  Even if everything goes according to plan, you may find yourself sitting up at 10 P.M. typing about how great "it is?"

As with everything else in life, I'll see how it pans out tomorrow.

God is still God, and I'm still His.

Just thought I'd share.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment