Monday, January 19, 2009

Offering of Praise!

I was driving home tonight listening to some worship music.  I was really getting into it when I started imagining a "friendly" competition between myself and the angels as to who could worship God better.  I knew that God would be pleased with the idea.  But, as I thought about it, it really started to bother me.  (I have a very active imagination and I think that God uses that.)  As I thought about angels and people, I couldn't help but realise that angels had some serious advantages.  Angels don't have to stop to sleep; they can praise without ceasing.  Angels don't get distracted; God is right there in their faces--they see God's glory non-stop.  Angels don't have to stop to eat. . . . That's where I got an idea.  Fasting.  We can give up food to praise God.  Then in my mind's eye I saw an angel (the one I was competing with?) kind of smile encouragingly at me.  It was like he was saying: "Yeah, keep going. . . " It was like he wanted me to win this competition.  

Then it hit me.  Angels don't have to eat, sleep or breathe.  We do.  It doesn't cost them anything to praise God, but every breath we use to praise Him is one we can never have back.  My heartbeats and breaths are limited in number.  Every one of my life's breaths I spend is a gift that I can give that no angel can.  

If I sing praises out of obligation or as a "song service," I waste a golden opportunity.  But if I sing that praise knowing that I spend (like money) part of my LIFE to praise God, Then I can know that I give God praise that puts every angel to shame.  No angel can praise God like I can! No angel can give his heartbeats and his breath to God's glory! 

Then I saw the angel's eyes water up with joy and he lept up and rejoined in praise.  It was like he knew that he couldn't give what I could, but by helping me to see how I could, he got to share in the reward of my praise to God.

I don't know if this was a "real" vision from God or if it was my imagination focused on God, But  I do know that the message is true.

Spend your life's breaths in the praise and glory of God and give Him the gift that only we, His children, can give. 

Praise The LORD!

No comments:

Post a Comment